Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back in swing

SO things have been crazy...as usual. I have not blogged in a bit because my family came home in Mid June and it has been non-stop ever since. It has been so wonderful to have them back! I can't wait to get home to snuggle and romp vicariously around with my 2 yr old and 4 yr old nephews. these moments are so precious...Caleb is doing great! He is a doll. I feel like I dont get to see him as much because he is often in bed by the time i get home from work. It's wonderful to have a house full of people again.



My mom has also been here for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I love paling around with her...it's so enjoyable to have a grown-up relationship with her and go on fun vacations! She is my official travel buddy! We just got back from San Francisco (where it is actually cold during the summertime therefore I concluded that apparently these people are keeping a big secret from the rest of us); We had an awesome time visiting her old friends, people who knew me between ages 0-4, and it was so neat to see how much they love my mom and what great friends she has.
It has certainly been an adjustment to having the house so full again. I am praying God gives me a servant heart during this next year. I also think I may have some residual unforgiveness to work out with my sister...Since living here, I have been awakened to her flaws in the form of being deeply hurt by her last year and I realize now that she is back that I am still not completely over it. I am someone who does not judge people initially and just full out loves them without judgement, but once I am aware of peoples flaws or am severely hurt by them, it takes a long time for me to reconcile those feelings. I hate that about me, and it's terrible I know;
I gave my birds away last week, Mr. and Mr. Finch #2. We have mice coming in from the fields that are being cut at this time of year, and because of my birds and the bird food the spit out around there cage...the mice are attracted to my room more so than any other place in our house. I have slept on the couch one too many nights in the last 3 months, and I'm just kind of over it at this point.
I threw a big party for my sister and family's return...it was really fun and the whole community was invited, not that they all showed up though...I've never planned such a party and I was nervous  but it turned out to be really fun and I had so much help it was easy!
Heading to chicago in less than a week to hang out with Jessie! So excited for my weekend excursion to the big city and quality girl time!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had fun with your mom in San Francisco! I love that city. The boys are adorable! Have fun in Chicago!! :)

    ReplyDelete