Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dedicated to Love

I spent the weekend in Chicago with my old friend Jessie (girl-jessie that is) and her new fiance! I was so honored to get to spend quality time with them both before they wed. I loved "them". She was all of her "best" qualities in his presence. It's these experiences with my married (or engaged) friends that make me hope in love now. Having known some of my girlfriends deeply for years and years I (of course) have in my mind the perfect guy for them...and I continue to be surprised and overjoyed by how God succeeds my expectations!!! In some ways, I have enjoyed so much this season of singleness and being able to share  in rejoicing with my girlfriends over the wonderful men that God has brought into their lives to marry. I know it is God's way of encouraging me to know that God designs all things perfectly and purposefully. It has also allowed me to more clearly see that God knows exactly what we need, even in the times that I think he has forgotten me. I am incredibly thankful to have a worshipful and hopeful heart because of my married friends. In a strange way I more deeply understand the purpose of marriage and the effects it can have in ministering to others because I am so touched by the beautiful display of God's love and affection towards us by being such a gracious and intentional designer of our lives, even in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment