Wednesday, August 24, 2011

92% healed and a milky way for the road...

So I'm totally enjoying where I live now, for some reason. I love spending all this time with my nephews. they are such fun ages right now and I want to keep them this way forever. I had this vision the other day that at some point i will see my nephew when he is like 16 and is 6'5 and I will make him sit on my lap like buddy the Elf sits on his elf-dad's lap. haha. The other day he asked me "Aunt boo, will you be with us forever?"... and I don't have the heart to tell him no...how do you explain to these precious children that you would want to be anyplace else but in there presence...and often times, I really don't. I just enjoy them so much. I actually decided at some point this summer that I really do want to have children. I went from being a man-hater to a kid-hater, and now I think they are super fun and I think I could be a really good mom actually. I have lots of practice right now. The kids sometimes call me "mommy-boo".
Any how, I am almost done making Andrew's quilt. It is super cute and I'm very proud of it. Pictures to follow. Then it's on to a quilt for Peter-bug.
Tonight my sister and I had girl night, which we've been trying to do once a week. We went across the street to Warm Springs Inn and had coffee and THE BEST Chocolate dessert ever...it was so wonderful. I like that about this place...small town..it's easy to make traditions, become regulars, and know everybody when you are out and about. When we got home we stood outside and stared up at the stars...it feels like you can see them all out here. What's really cool is we could see the milky way tonight. What a sight!
Fall is in the air...I'm ready for scarves, tall boots, quilting, and tea time with brandea and charles. Everything is going to get busy again with biblestudies, choir practice, quilting groups, girls nights with my sister, Monday night dinners with jenny...I feel so blessed right now. I know god has brought me to this place, though a lot of it has been painful...i slowly feel my heart changing and my chin lifted up. I needed the hurt and the pain and the process in order to be a more whole and healed person.  Seeing the Milky Way tonight was just a bonus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment