Sunday, September 4, 2011

El Fin y The Beginning

Today, I started on path of completion. I  did in fact finish this book today""Born to Run"; It was totally awesome. Sadly, I have been reading it since March or April...and it has been driving me crazy that I have yet to finish it.(I must admit, I am a really slow reader); I began and I think have finished writing a letter to my dad. One of the last and somehow first steps for healing that I am in desperate need of in this season of life. I am going to send it sometime this week and thus begins a new future, a new mindset, and heart position towards my father. I am tired of looking back with regret, I am ready to forge a new path with him, ready to make the effort to have a better relationship and I will not give up this time. I know that my healing with my dad will also set me free to have healthier dating relationships and I'm ready not to be so insecure and afraid. I'm ready for change.In a strange and freeing way, I feel like now that I have done this I can move into a different season. Also, this week my family is starting a scripture memory challenge; Each week we will memorize a new verse or new scripture; This week I chose Colossians 3:12-13 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." I think this is a suitable verse for me to put in my heart this week considering the process of forgiveness and the heart attitude I am electing to project in relationship to my own father.
Also, I have read and been inspired to move on by this poem that was published in a blog I have recently began following:

What Might Have Been, Or What If
By Glynn Young
It is an act of courage
to ask what if;
It is an act of self-deception
to ask what might have been.
One looks forward, one looks backward;
both are ways to view the world.
Both are ways to understand one’s soul.
What if creates possibility;
what might have been celebrates regret.
What if grasps the thought of
what could be, what might be;
what might have been is gripped
by the memory of what never was

After reading this I know that my heart and my mind are convinced more than ever to move forward in step together. It has taken me awhile to get here but as the author describes, I am tired of being gripped "by the memory of what never was."
Life, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment