Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I have hope, inside is not a heart, but a kaleidoscope

I re-listened to this album today "kaleidoscope" due to sheer boredom from the radio tunes...; It was nice to listen to it and not hurt or cry. This was the album i listened to for about 4 or 5 months straight, to and from work for 1 hour each way, on all my road trips...That's a lot of hours of these lyrics. They helped heal me in a way, i felt like someone out there knew my heart ache and sang the words aloud that I couldn't bare to whisper and tormented my mind constantly. Listening to the words aloud was some sort of therapeutic sigh, a release and outlet that I couldn't find in any other place.  Actually, the first intro song..".Kaleidoscope" is my current ring tone. Here are some lyrics from a song I really related to but it goes with a catchy and fun beat...even though the lyrics seem a bit sad.


"Goodbye"

Should be sayin' that to you by now, shouldn't I?
Layin' down the law that I live by,
Though maybe next time

And I tell myself to let the story end,
My heart will rest in someone else's hand
My 'why not me?' philosophy began,
And I say

Ooh, how'm I gonna get over you?
I'll be alright, just not tonight
Someday, oh I wish you'd want me to stay
I'll be alright, just not tonight,
Someday

Maybe is a vicious little word that can slay me
Keep me when I'm hurting and make me,
Hang from your hands


Luckily (and thank GOODNESS) this is not the season I am in anymore. I thought it would never end though. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. The scariest thing is you think all is well and the next thing you know the air has been knocked out of you and you don't think you will ever get back up with no warning to pre-plan for a recovery. YUCK. I hope I don't have to go through that again, I don't see how people can go through break-ups over and over again, maybe they are made of thicker skin than me. I dono. 
All this to say, it was nice to enjoy the album today, and not hurt. And it was nice to know that season is behind me. 
This past year has been a really hard one but has definitely put me back on a journey purposed to bring me closer to my Lord, and for that I am so thankful.
 I am ready to enjoy God and all the things he has in store for me. I think it's time for a new album!
Any suggestions???


No comments:

Post a Comment