Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus

My sister and her husband have started the tradition of having a birthday party for Jesus. It's usually on Christmas Eve and we all have to offer 1 gift to Jesus either through donating money (this year the kids emptied there wallets to buy other children balls), through service, etc. This year I wrote a poem to thank Him for all he has done in my life this year. Enjoy!

Poem To Jesus:

A poem I have written to our Lord Jesus to say
we are excited to celebrate your birth tomorrow day.

As your birthday falls at the end of a calendar year
I would like to say thank you for getting me here

It's been a good year, one I will remember
You've drawn me closer to you since last December

I've spent time learning about marriage and raising a family
thanks to these precious little lambs and charles and brandea

You found me a good doctor who nursed me health
and now instead of wheat, there's Gluten-Free on my shelf

You sent me to England, Italy, The Netherlands, and France
and I learned important lessons there- like for instance....Italian men cannot dance!

I've enjoyed your many blessings. spending time with friends and in travel
without this wonderful break, I might have come unraveled

I am so blessed to get the chance to laugh and play
with my amazing, awesome, supercool nephews that I get to see every day

You've blessed me with a wonderful family who loves me and cares
I know it's not by chance that I was placed with them here.

Thank you baby Jesus for giving us hope on this day
and for sharing your birthday party with us in this very special way

No comments:

Post a Comment