Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Napolean

I ate a giant bowl of Napolean ice cream tonight because I have a really sore throat and it's a good excuse to eat bowls and bowls of my favorite ice cream. Funny how such a wonderful thing reminds me of this past summer which was saturated with sadness and disappointment. After my ex-boyfriend broke up with me Charles and Brandea were immediately armed with said ice cream. I ate bowls of it in bed, just like I did tonight. And then, only two weeks later Caleb was diagnosed with a severe heart defect and it was just devastating to us all, but especially to Brandea and she too was comforted by said ic cream.  It just is funny how I had forgotten the comfort I had found in eating ice cream, and haven't had or needed any of it in quite some time. I sure do hope this is a napolean-free summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment