Monday, April 18, 2011

Ramble

I'm in a really good place right now. In fact, I'm rather enjoying my lot in life now. I am working and saving money to go on a euro-tour for a few months hopefully next August. So now I am diligently pressing on toward that goal...I thrive with goals, and my life feels like it has some purpose again. Also, I'm in the market for a "new" used car because the transmission is slipping again in my ZX2. I'm pretty excited for the excuse to get another car since I've had my old one for about 9 years! It was my very first car I bought all by myself when I was a Snr in high school. And now it's time for an SUV baby! I'm so pumped. It is a "freeman" thing for us women to have big cars and be able to tow and tote things...it's like I came out of the womb with that instinct or something...I actually already have a hitch. So I'm totally prepared.
Also, I was a victim of a flash flood this weekend. I went into the wine shop and the next thing I know, the sidewalk which I had used 15 minutes ago was covered by a strong current of rushing water, and water was coming into the store from under the door! I was so scared. Logs were literally floating through the downtown. I had visions of being rescued in a boat and my car (parked on the main street) floating away, while a helicopter documented overhead for the local evening news. So the shop owner handed me a glass of wine to pass the time and help cease the shaking in my knees. And just as quickly as it started, the water receded and I was back on my way.
And such is life in Warm Springs, VA...

No comments:

Post a Comment