Friday, April 15, 2011

Update



You may wonder what I do out in these woods to occupy my time, with my family gone, and no television...well...
This is what I've been working on for Caleb. I started quilting this winter, actually a part of two quilting classes. A co-worker organized everyone to make "squares" for a quilt for my newest nephew (who has a severe heart defect) and of course, I offered to assemble the quilt, quite the ontaking since I have not yet completed a quilt in any of my classes. Everyone was so awesome and even people who are not crafty made something. I was really touched and encouraged daily by this project and it brought me hope. Most days, I would show up to work and there would be new "squares" waiting! It made my day to see how much people cared about my family and how enthusiastic they were about this project. I have not completely finished it yet, but it only needs the border around the edges and that won't take long! So excited and proud of my first completed quilt!


Up-close view of the "squares" made by staff/co-workers

There are safety pins still in that I used to keep it together while I sewed.

Heading to Philly over Easter weekend and will surprise the family with it! Can't wait.

So I currently have allergies and possibly a sinus infection which has resulted in laryngitis again! I can't believe this. Exactly this time last year I remember staying home from work for 2 days and looking out at the tree blooming right outside my window and loving that I got to see it in the days many lights because I was home...well I'm about at that place again! haha. Note to self- if I ever get married, I am not to do it in the month of April, because I am not very pretty, pleasant, or able to talk during parts of April.

Also, it is bad timing because in 1 month from today I will be participating in this race
http://www.warriordash.com/
super excited but also way out of shape...(I haven't run in almost 2 years)...So I am also currently reading the book "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall in order to re-visit and re-inspire my love for running.

Tomorrow I am supposed to go hunting for mushrooms with my forest ranger friend. Apparently this is something people do around here, or maybe in lots of places and I had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago. But apparently this is mushroom season?!

Also, another random story about my life here.
Some man from my church called here to ask me on a date, and when I say man, I mean...he's been married before and is a bit older than what I'm goin for. I have never met him, at least I don't think. But even though we've never met, he knows me, where I live, and therefore my phone number, because I stick out like a sore thumb around here...Maybe I don't. But I sure feel like I do most of the time.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That's a lot going on! Mushroom hunting?? Love the quilt. My mother-in-law would be so proud. I'm very impressed! And yes.. the warrior dash is coming up soon... we'll have fun no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete