Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I thought the winter would be sticky but it turns out spring is the season to be a'fearin

Well last night was quite the adventure. I'm definately not lacking for entertainment around here. The Bob cat came back. I handled it with a little more brain power than last time. Instead of using my muffin tin and spoon on the bob cat, I just stood from all the doors of the house calling frantically for Jazz, who eventually did come to the house, although with many dramatics on my part. Knowing what sort of animals were out there kept me frightened enough to just stay in the house this time, instead of chancing an encounter with a bob cat, or coyote. The sounds coming from this creature are eerily close to the house which leaves me surprised Jazz hasn't gotten eaten at this point. 
On top of that, after getting jazz safely in and scolding him to no avail, I go upstairs to my room where, lo and behold, and little brown mouse is just scurrying out of the radiator. Ewe ewe ewe. I called my sister in hysterics and tears. I don't know what it is about mice because I know they won't hurt me...but they are just so gross. Maybe it's because I was once traumatized by Jazz who brought me the gift of a mouse onto my bed in the middle of the night. The mouse was half alive, squeaking and running towards me! Needless to say, Jazz and I were not friends for awhile after that.
So I moved my bird into brandea/charle's room so that jazz could hang out in my room and scare the mice off. I decided NOT to sleep in my room because there was a small chance a mouse could scurry into bed with me. So I had just gotten all my stuff moved downstairs when....THE LIGHTS WENT OUT! No lights anywhere! It's already pitch black and inky out here...so I found some flashlights, at my dinner (it's 10:45pm) of edemame beans (that i had just finished cooking) and a glass of milk and went to bed, uh I mean..couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment