Monday, May 16, 2011

We are Warriors

Went to ATL for the weekend. It was so good to be home. I actually teared up a lot during my air travel to Atl. Home hasn't seemed that inviting and wonderful in a long time. I felt like a child, who could not wait to see her "mommy" and feel safe again. And in finding how comforted I was by the thought of running into my mothers arms at the end of my travels that Friday evening, I realized just how tired of being brave I was. The last 4 months have been utterly exhausting, and I just wanted my mom to take care of me for 3 days, I just wanted my "mommy", and I can't remember a time that I weeped for joy at just the thought of seeing her.
Ran the Warrior Dash with Allison on Saturday. It was so much fun! We got super dirty swimming and crawling through water, running through mud, and other exciting and overcoming other exciting and crazy obstacles.

mom and Aunt Elizabeth made great vikings...


Pre- race
Post-race

 My aunt came along to partake in the excitement. I only have 2 aunts and I decided...I would like to be a good aunt to my nieces and nephews the way she is to me. She shows up for everything, and it's usually always a journey to get to the events in my life, but she comes...without much to-do.
I also got to see my grandfather. that was good but hard. He is in a rehab center at a nursing home right now, getting better, slowly but surely.
On my way home from lynchburg I got lunch with Susan, my old bible study leader. I am forever thankful for her at this time in my life. I enjoy her so much and I love the relationship she has with her new husband. I am always so inspired and encouraged by her/him when we spend time together.
I also bought another bird, introduced him to Mr. Finch. Hopefully it's a good match.
Caleb, my nephew, had his heart surgery last week. He is doing ok. The surgery went well but he has had a few setbacks since then. His lungs collapsed yesterday and he had to go back to Intensive Care Unit. Right now he is intubated with some kind of apparatus that suctions his lungs to his diaphram so that they will re-attatch. He is in a lot of pain which the Dr.'s are trying to manage but caleb also does not tolerate pain meds well and gets sick and throws up the medication. He is eating ok. He apparently is beat red because of the way the blood is not circulating and oxygenating his body, and my sister says he has so many lines (IVS, monitors, etc) that she needs help to hold him.  Please continue to be in prayer for our little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment