Wednesday, May 18, 2011

untitled

Im sleeping back in my bed tonight after I've been on the couch since last Tuesday. I hope to God I don't hear the mouse trap snap in the middle of the night...ewe, gross.  My life has been pretty crazy the last few months and it finally feels like it's slowing down ("knock on wood") although I still have a lot of things on my mind, personal projects, and professional projects that should be  occupying my time but aren't because I don't know where to start with some of them, so I put them off, and then I get sort of all swallowed up internalizing my concerns and worries about all of it which leads me right into a funk. I've been moping about work, and around my house the past 3 days. In part because I just got back from ATL where I was with my family and friends and I so loved being home, i always do...and it is not unlike me to mope around the day after returning to my dwelling place after spending quality time with people i love. Hopefully tomorrow I will find motivation and get a move on it.
I have some kind of insomnia, have since I was a kid probably, but got really bad in high school. That's actually how I started sleeping in my sleeping bag. I would sleep on the floor in my bag with my bible beside me, when I couldn't go to sleep or would wake up in the night I would read my bible and go back to sleep. I have also taken IBprofin, or nyquil, or warm milk, or a glass of wine before bed, and listening to Andy Stanly from  North Point Community Church is a tried and true trick I use. I've probably listened to all of his sermons in the last 3-4 years. Since I've been out of college it's gotten somewhat better, and there was even a span where I could fall easily to sleep without any sleep aids at all (a record!), although I didn't stay asleep...but the getting to sleep is the worst part. Now it's alright, I think I have found a good sleeping aid that is 90% successful. Valerian root. My sister gives it to her kids when they can't sleep and ofcourse it's natural :) And the great thing is that for adults it is made in tea form. So I just let my tea bag steep for 15-20 minutes (my philosophy is the longer you steep the better you sleep) and then off I go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment