Monday, May 9, 2011

muffin tins and spoons...

So the other night I got home late from work. It was very dark and inky when I got in. I let the cat out, and immediately hear hissing. So I think, maybe he encountered a raccoon. Next thing I know, I hear the most dreadful sound...like a baby crying because it's in pain or being tortured, a truly horrible sound to endure and stand back without doing something. This was the first moment in my life I thought owning a gun might be useful. But instead, fearing Jazz the cat was being tortured by some horrible creature, I can only think to grab a muffin pan and a spoon to bang together in the dark night in order to scare the wild creature and save Jazz (I can't have my sister coming back from Philly with her cat dead...I would be the worst house sitter ever). So I go outside with my flashlight (because all the automatic lights are broken) muffin tin, and metal spoon in hand to save Jazz, the cat. Fortunately, Jazz was standing around in the dark with his eyes bugging out of his head...so scared from the whaling sound of the unknown wild animal that he is stationary. I have never ever been so frightened in my life. Luckily Jazz and I quickly took refuge back into the house once I scatted and shewed him along. Such is the life of me, an innocent girl from the suburbs, too naive to have sense in situations involving wild animals so close to my house. Little did I know it was most likely a bob cat up in the tree right next to my house. I could have been his late night snack, oh but once again I have been spared.  Thank goodness for my muffin tin and spoon, a deadly weapon indeed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment