Friday, February 11, 2011

Avoidance

"Dodging, shunning, the act of keeping away from or preventing from happening"


and this is what I do. I am hard-core avoiding a guy right now :( I even turned on my shower in case he stopped by so that I would have a good excuse NOT to answer my door. I will even lock my door because I know he could come by and just let himself in if left unlocked. I mean, wow, I'm even a little embarrassed to admit this but truth-telling is apparently a must for healing and I want that. I avoided calling the DMV for two weeks because I did not want to know the truth about the potential outcome of getting yet ANOTHER speeding ticket this year. My mom has always said I'm like an ostrich who hides his head in the sand when the world is hard, or scary.







This is exactly the sort of emotional stuff I've been trying to persevere through in this new season of life. But oh my gosh it's so hard and so much easier to do this instead.






I don't want this to be my posture in hard situations forever. 
God, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment