Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesdays with Boo


On Tuesday mornings I go to a quilting class at the church before I go to work. I love Tuesdays. I love to create things, and I love sipping my morning coffee while getting to know the ladies at the church. This is a little square I have been working on for some time. It has been the reason I have made relational connections and feel like a part of something bigger than myself. It feels so good to have a creative outlet and a product for my time well spent.

I strangely recognize the significance of this time in my life as a very rich experience that one day I will look back and say "Wow, can't believe that was a chapter in my life but I'm so glad." I'm learning to sew, quilt, expanding my cooking recipes, and I'm getting to know people in the community because of Caleb and my family relocating to Philly. It is so inspiring to hear all their different stories and be invited into their lives with arms wide open, even if only for an evening.

Enjoyed trip to Philly. Re-inspired to live in a city, with blocks, city parks, and a fun mix of strange and normal persons. I miss eclectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment