Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm in repair. I'm not together but I'm getting there.

 John Mayer. He was also right about that quarter-life crisis thing...I have far more in common with him than I would like to admit...because I think he is probably a pretty broken person who sings about his brokeness, but continues to have the same troubles...and i continue to sing his lyrics over and over, finding healing and comfort in knowing someone out there feels just like me.

Traveling to Philly tomorrow via train. Super excited. I sort of want to wear a hat to fully embrace the nostalgia of trains.

Also, I miss wearing my peacock earrings. It's been awhile since I've broken them out. Maybe travel day will be appropriate. In fact, my richest hours in life encompass embracing the small things or i.e. giving into the crazy. I miss wearing fairy wings around the apartment when I've had a bad day, or sleeping in my sleeping bag when I need comfort or a good cry...I don't want to lose these games invented by my inner child. I don't want to forget.

1 comment:

  1. yeah...ole John does provide some crazy insight into our crazy brokenness. But there is hope for him, as there is hope for you:)

    ReplyDelete