Sunday, January 2, 2011

A pioneers plight

As I start a new year and yet another birthday...this is my attempt to journal my journey in the next 6 months. My family, whom I currently live with, has temporarily relocated states away for this period of time and I found myself left alone in a place that I would never have chosen to live if it hadn't been for the close relationship of my sister and nephews. Now, unexpected circumstances leave me here to endure a cold and long winter in a very isolated setting. I feel much like an early pioneer woman, who's left to hold the house down while her husband goes off to war, or to help family, or do whatever those men did that left their helpless wives to chance a harsh winter, unknown predators of the wilderness, and uncivilized and potentially dangerous strangers who may happen across this home looking for temporary shelter. I always thought those women so brave...and now here I am...not feeling brave at all. I come home to what used to be a busy and noisy home that now sits in absolute silence, immersed in thick darkness until I pass over the thrush and begin my evening routine. Of course, I do have great expectations in this time, to embrace the solitude by seeking God's will for my next steps in life, and to be very intentional with Him again, which is something I have put off for a long time.

"It is not easy to be a pioneer - but oh, it is fascinating! I would not trade one moment, even the worst moment, for all the riches in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment