Sunday, January 23, 2011

The pause before the next splendid note...

I have to thank my family and friends for the place I am currently in emotionally. I realized after talking to my ex-boyfriend this week that I am much more self-actualized in this break-up and have more self-worth and confidence than I had going into the relationship. Pretty amazing to think about when 6 months ago I thought my world and my plans for a future had been ripped from me and I would never stand under the weight of disappointment and sorrow I endured daily. Since then I have spent a lot of time with the Lord, talking to friends, and family about the state of my heart. They have inspired me to know more courage and strength than I knew I had, spoken only words of hope, and counseled me to wait for God's best.  Also, all this time God continues to tell me to endure, to embrace the sorrow and heartache because only treasures are waiting. "Wait on it dear child, good things are in store for you."

Last night I read an excerpt that touched me deeply and resounds God's promises so beautifully.

"There is no music during a musical rest, but the rest is part of the making of music. In the melody of our life, the music is separated here and there by rests. During those rests we foolishly believe we have come to the end of a song. God sends us times of forced leisure by allowing sickness, disappointed plans, and frustrated efforts. He brings a sudden pause in the choral hymn of our lives and we lament that our voices must be silent. But how does a musician read the rests? He counts the break with unwavering precision and plays the next note with confidence, as if no pause were ever there. God does not write the music of our life without a plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment