Saturday, January 22, 2011

Opportunity wreaks!

Many of my blogs have been "woe is me, Im 27 and alone" and I hate that. But I do want to share that I have moments of excitement looking into my unknown future. I mean...that is exactly what your twenties are supposed to be about, the adventure of the unknown, figuring everything out, and the world being an oyster and I am pretty glad to have been given this opportunity, although I never would have chosen such circumstances a year ago. When I was in a long term relationship and thought about my future there was comfort of course...but I also struggled a lot with feeling sad or like I was going to miss something if I settled down in a couple of years and did the marriage and 2.3 children thing. And now I know that even though this season has been difficult it is also totally awesome and everything I was afraid I would miss! It truly is a gift! I have actually gotten kinda pumped about the element of surprise god has blessed me with in this last week! At a wedding shower last weekend there were a lot of stories about love and relationships being shared and I got so excited that my turn will come, and I will love someone and marry them, and that is an adventure just waiting for me...that element of surprise is still out there for me, but I don't have to do it yet! I have goals to travel and develop some aspects of my career in the year of 2011 and I'm super stoked about these things...more and more I know this is God's purpose for me this year...to play and enjoy life that for so long I've had to put aside due to school responsibilities and lack of finances. I also know it is a year of bettering my mental health and becoming a better me. Basically this year wreaks of opportunity and I'm so excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment