Thursday, January 20, 2011

And so the boy aged me...

So I went on a date tonight with what I realized was just a boy...he was 21, JUST turned 21...cute, very nice, and so much potential with a lot of polish :). But that's all it was. Who knows when that potential will come to fruition...but I know I'm not willing to wait around on a boy. As I was sitting at the bar, confidently drinking my beer, and playing the "get to know you" game I've done all to often these days...I realized I am too confident and put together to be dabbling in boyhood anymore. I'm ready for a man, who knows what they want and is secure in the paths he has chosen in life. It was strange but for the first time I actually felt my age. It was startling. I was fishing in the wrong age bracket and everyone else in this small town bar could see it too..."What is that lady doing with the young boy?" So I'm glad for the experience...although, it would have been a better night if I hadn't thought everyone was looking at the old lady drinking her beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment