Thursday, February 10, 2011

Meet Margaret

And so I dreamed that Margaret stood outside my door, with fiery red hair and crazed eyes. She bangs relentlessly at my door. When I do not answer she sweeps her gnarled hands under the crevice of the door frame, growling like an infected wild animal, trying to intimidate and wear her victim down. Outside the door of my own house, she torments me. I look outside at my alter-ego, scared at what could be devastated by her presence. I wonder what her plan of attack is, how long will she wait out there, am I safe? Is this wild-haired petite little woman smart enough to have a plan of attack or is she a force to be reckoned with only because I am unable to logically protect myself from her unhindered violence and desire to utterly ravage any good thing.
"Sabotage, Sabotage!!" she screams at me from outside the door.
From that dream I awoke unnerved and on edge, now aware that Margaret "is" , and could appear unannounced. I forget about her during the busy moments of everyday.
Tonight I looked in the mirror, at my new self, the girl with the fiery red curls. And goosebumps crawled over my skin, knowing Margaret has finally surfaced inside my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment