Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ironic in Red

"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." Sylvia Plath

And so I am finally a red head! I've always secretly wanted to be this color :) and now I am really enjoying it...most of the time. Red-heads are known for there tenacious personalities and fiery charm. Characteristic I envy, but certainly lack.
In fact my red hair is actually a constant reminder of my contrastively meek spirit. This in fact is one of my least favorite traits about myself. Something I am always trying to cover up or over compensate for.

"For god did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and discipline." 2 timothy 1:7

This is a verse I memorized in a season of life where God was teaching me to embrace my meekness instead of being self-conscience of it. I am clearly still learning this lesson, although in a different phase of life. Once it was said to me that it is okay that we continue to learn some of the same lessons over and over...because we are like onions, learning these same lessons in a different way during a hopefully a new, wiser layer of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment